A project promoted by Juan Diego Flórez for Perú
Inspired by what he saw while visiting different core groups of the Venezuelan Youth & Children Orchestra System, Peruvian tenor Juan Diego Flórez made a personal commitment to take this experience to Peru as a social project to benefit thousands of children and adolescents in his country.
When he presented his project, he immediately obtained support from José Antonio Abreu, the founder of the Venezuelan Youth & Children Orchestra System, and personalities such as Plácido Domingo, Monserrat Caballé, Mario Vargas Llosa, Gustavo Dudamel and Kiri Te Kanawa, as well as private companies and institutions that, through their cooperation and financial contributions, are making it possible to pursue the dream of a Symphony for Perú.
Juan Diego Flórez founded the Asociación Sistema de Orquestas Infantiles y Juveniles del Perú / Peruvian Youth & Children Orchestra System as a body to manage the system’s decentralized network of core groups. Among its main functions are:
- To obtain material and financial resources for the operation of the core groups
- To form strategic alliances with an inclusive, collaborative philosophy
- To ensure adherence to the program and method on which the system is based
- To oversee the adaptation of the operation of the core groups to different local settings
- To foster the exchange of experiences among core groups, public performances and the participation of visiting maestros, in order to raise the musical level continuously.
Juan Diego Flórez President
Miguel Molinari Executive Director
Milagros Flórez Administrative Director
Espartaco Lavalle Artistic Director
The Peruvian Youth & Children Orchestra System
Street Tarata # 281, Officce 503 - Miraflores - Lima
Telephone 51 1 444-3293. Email: email@example.com